HOW WE WORK
With thousands of active Landcarers in NSW, Landcare NSW acts as the conduit between local Landcare communities and key decision makers, working to ensure that local Landcare communities are supported at every level by providing leadership, skills, resources and representation.
We generate revenue from diverse streams to support our member Landcare groups and provide financial support for vital projects that bring together farmers, landowners, conservationists and nature lovers at a local level to address local issues. We coordinate and facilitate the building of skills, capacity, strength, connections and partnerships at every level, from individual volunteers and groups to district networks and regional associations.
Landcare NSW works to support the community Landcare movement by partnering with State and Federal Governments, Corporates, not-for-profit organisations, farming peak bodies, and other Landcare state/ territory and national peak bodies.
Landcare in NSW is recognised by Governments, Corporates, Philanthropists and the general community as the most effective, impactful and influential ‘go-to-vehicle’ for the care of our land, environment and communities in rural and urban areas.
We will provide leadership, skills and resources to empower Landcarers in NSW to have all that they need to care for our land, environment and communities.
- We believe in working collaboratively by building partnerships and strategic alliances.
- We believe that honesty, integrity and respect are essential to maintaining a healthy culture
- We believe that effective leadership, flexibility, adaptability and innovation are critical in our changing environment.
- We believe that we have a clarity of purpose
- We are apolitical and embrace the different needs and culture, including that of our First Nations
- We acknowledge that the First Nations People are the Traditional Custodians of NSW and the original Landcarers
The purpose of the Landcare NSW State Advisory Council is to facilitate information-sharing and coordination between the Regional Bodies and the Landcare NSW Board. The State Advisory Council is made up of representatives from each of the 11 Landcare regions in NSW and the four office bearers of the Landcare NSW Board of Directors.
Landcare NSW works to support the community Landcare movement in NSW by partnering with State and Federal Governments, Corporates, not-for-profit organisations, farming peak bodies and other Landcare state/ territory and national peak bodies.
Landcare NSW is responsible for providing leadership, representing, supporting, strengthening, and growing NSW’s community Landcare movement. Landcare NSW continues to ensure that its governance and operations are fully compliant with legislative requirements and meet best practice.