The much-anticipated program for the 2022 NSW Landcare and Local Land Services Conference is sure to delight, with an incredible line-up of presenters and panels revealed.
The three-day event, running from Tuesday, 15 to Thursday, 17 March 2022, will feature expert speakers and testimonies from Landcarers around the state who will challenge delegates to rethink how they can best care for land and waterways.
Held at Tweed Heads on the NSW far north coast, the program includes a range of exciting field trips and presentations from Landcare groups, ecologists, universities, government agencies and First Nations custodians.
The conference will be headlined by a keynote address by Resilience NSW Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons. A few of the other highlights include:
- Dr. Robert Kooyman is a plenary speaker, delving into evolutionary ecology and fire in the rainforest.
- Kate Steel, Josie Banens and Oliver Costello will bring it local reflecting on fires in the Nightcap National Park and the process of healing country and community.
- Ian Hansen will delve into Early Change Monitoring – Rethinking our approach to identifying native vegetation clearing and engaging with our landholder community.
- Matthew Smith & Nigel Blake from Coffs Harbour and Districts LALC will share with us their process of Healing Gumbaynggirr Country with Ceremony, Bush Regeneration and Habitat Reconstruction.
Landcare NSW Chair Stephanie Cameron said the opportunity for Landcarers from across the state to get together and share their experiences is invaluable.
“The conference allows Landcarers to come together and share their experiences, learnings and outcomes with each other,” Ms Cameron said.
“The opportunity to be together in person, connect and celebrate the efforts of all people caring for and managing natural resources and improving sustainable land management practices across the state is something not to be missed.”
Those interested in attending the conference can now snap up their tickets at early bird prices, with the first round of tickets on sale until Wednesday, 15 December 2021.
To check out the entire conference program and secure your tickets today, visit www.nswlandcareconference.com.au
Local Land Services Acting Statewide Chair Allison Harker has encouraged passionate individuals and groups right across NSW to attend the conference and contribute to the conference theme of ‘Rethink, Renew, Recharge’.
“This is a great opportunity for passionate Landcarers and landholders to hear from their colleagues across the state as well as industry experts, as they share their on-the-ground experiences and learnings with the broader Landcare community,” Ms Harker said.
The 2022 NSW Landcare and Local Land Services Conference includes:
Day 1 – Tuesday 15 March 2022:
- Landcare Muster
- Welcome to Country by Traditional Owners – Banaam
- Keynote address by Commissioner of Resilience NSW and former Commissioner of the Rural Fire Service (RFS), Shane Fitzsimmons
Day 2 – Wednesday 16 March 2022:
- Seven great field trips on offer to give Landcarers the opportunity to renew their passion for Landcare practices while recharging their batteries around the beautiful Northern Rivers
- 2021 Landcare Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner
Day 3 – Thursday 17 March 2022:
- Inspiring day of presentations including plenary speaker Dr Robert Kooyman
- 20 thought provoking presentations coving topics on engaging community, land management and biodiversity
- Two exciting panels – Regenerating Agriculture and Saving Our Biodiversity.