The NSW Government has committed $59 million to Landcare and Landcare activities in NSW over the next 4 years through the NSW Landcare Enabling Program 2023-2027.
Landcare NSW, in partnership with Local Land Services, will deliver the program as a continuation of their long-standing successful partnership.
NSW Landcare Enabling Program 2023-2027: Local and Regional Coordinators grants
The first phase of the program will activate $33 million in funding to employ up to 83 full-time equivalent local and regional Landcare coordinators and support staff across NSW.
- Please ensure you keep referring to the Frequently Asked Questions as they have been updated: https://www.nsw.gov.au/grants-and-funding/nsw-landcare-enabling-program-2023-2027-local-and-regional-coordinators/nsw-landcare-enabling-program-2023-2027-frequently-asked-questions
- If you missed the two webinars, you can view them under Program Resources.
- Special note, a new revised budget template is now available http://www.nsw.gov.au/lep – under Program Resources.
- If you have any questions or clarifications regarding the Guidelines or your application, please contact the centralised mailbox email@example.com as soon as possible.
- It is always good to print a pdf for your records once you have completed your application.
Applications now open
Applications are now open for the NSW Landcare Enabling Program 2023-2027: Local and Regional Coordinators grants.
To view the program guidelines, including detailed role descriptions, and to apply, head to www.nsw.gov.au/lep
Local and regional coordinators play a key role in the program including:
- supporting and facilitating the delivery of on-ground projects that care for the local natural environment and agricultural systems
- strengthening the capacity of Landcarers by further developing their knowledge and skills
- ensuring effective collaboration and partnerships between Landcare groups, Local Land Services, other government agencies and Landcare NSW
- leveraging funding opportunities to maximise socio-environmental outcomes.
This funding also includes up to $5,000 for each local and regional coordinator role to undertake professional development over the course of the 4 year program.
The Landcare NSW and LLS partnership
Together, Landcare NSW and Local Land Services are committed to empowering local communities and Landcare groups and networks to deliver sustainable agriculture and to best manage the state’s natural resources.