Landcare NSW is the peak body of community-led conservation and natural resource management in NSW. With up to 3000 Landcare Groups and 60,000 volunteers, Landcare NSW is the conduit between local Landcare communities and funders and decision-makers, supporting local Landcare communities by providing resources and representation.
The NSW Government investment into the NSW Landcare Program and other large-scale projects has enabled the ongoing success of the organisation.
The Landcare NSW & Local Land Services partners with 50 organisations including hosts who collectively directly employ a total of approximately 100 staff including 84 Landcare coordinators across NSW and a small corporate team, that facilitate support to local and regional volunteers.
Landcare NSW and its member groups, contribute to the employment of 30,000 people including contractors, administration, support, and services in small businesses, and generates total revenues from grants of more than $30m p.a., including the NSW Government-funded NSW Landcare Program.
Surpluses from the movement are invested directly back into regional NSW making it unique to the landscape management and ecosystem services service delivery market.
The Program Manager is responsible for delivering the NSW Landcare Program 2019-2023. Together with the Local Land Services Landcare Program Team, and other Project Program Partners (host organisations), the Program Manager is responsible for the co-management and co-delivery of this program of work and the projects developed within the scope of the project.
The Program and Projects are expected to be delivered on time, on budget, meeting or exceeding stakeholders’ expectations and meeting contracted obligations (eg: funding deeds, budgets).
The Program Manager will work closely with the Local Land Services (LLS) Landcare Program Manager, the Landcare NSW Team, the Landcare NSW Chief Executive Oﬃcer and the Joint Management Committee (JMC) to ensure successful delivery of the Program.
The Program Manager, reporting to the CEO, must also align the outcomes from the Landcare Projects with the strategic objectives of Landcare NSW.
The Program Manager will contribute to the timely development of the program-level project plan, evaluation plan, budget, resource plan, and the ongoing management of budgets and resources.
The Program Manager will lead the NSW Landcare Program Project Team of direct reports and be responsible for delivery streams of the project.
The Program Manager will guide, support, and influence a cohort of Landcare Host Originations, Landcare NSW Groups and all Landcare Coordinators across NSW.
Other roles and responsibilities
- Develop and manage project budgets as agreed to and ﬁnalised by the Joint Management Committee (JMC). Provide accurate, timely, and detailed budget updates to the Landcare NSW Management Team. Ensure budgets are aligned with planned deliverables and milestones.
- Identify and manage risks through a risk matrix that could impact the Program, including threats to Landcare NSW, its membership, or and the Landcare NSW/ Local Land Services Partnership.
- Support the role of the Joint Management Committee, the Landcare NSW Executive, and the Landcare NSW Representative Council to discharge their governance roles and responsibilities for the NSW Landcare Program.
- Support the Local Land Services Landcare Program Manager in the development and ongoing management of host organisation agreements.
- Develop and Support contracts with Project Sponsors and sub-contracts with delivery partners (Landcare Groups).
- Ensure that Program and Project milestones are defined, managed, and reports are delivered on time and are of quality that meets or exceeds best practice key stakeholder expectations.
- Contribute to developing communications and stakeholder engagement regarding the NSW Landcare Program, including communications to grantees and host organisations.
- Work closely with LLS Program Manager, the whole Landcare NSW Team, to plan and manage joint media and communications.
- Provide management, directions, oversight, coaching, mentoring, and support of all Project staff.
- Other duties as directed by the CEO of Landcare NSW
- Development and maintenance of program Project Fact Sheets, Position Descriptions (Coordinators), and supporting documents for Projects.
- Develop informational packages for host organisations to run successful Landcare Groups (businesses). Including the delivery of training and providing business support.
- Build a professional relationship with the Landcare host organisations and Landcare Coordinators across the State
- Supporting Landcare Host organisations with establishing and managing employment arrangements of their staff and establishing support arrangements for host organisations.
- Provide support to the LLS Landcare Program Manager as required.
- Provide direct support to LLS for the NSW Landcare Conference with the primary focus of delivering the Landcare Muster
- Seek opportunities to add value to the Community of Practice events.
- Strengthen Landcare network operations, including strengthening the links, collaboration between Landcare Groups and Landcare NSW.
- Provide support to the wider Landcare Community as a point of contact for all Project matters.
- Link and support Landcare across NSW.
- Oversee communications to the Landcare community through the Landcare NSW Communication Platforms.
- Collaborate with the LLS Landcare Program Manager on Community of Practice initiatives.
- Direct assigned Project staﬀ and host organisations to ensure that appropriate data is collected in a timely manner that provides evidence of the achievements and successes of the NSW Landcare Program, as well as the beneﬁts delivered by a supported Landcare in NSW.
- Identification of training opportunities for all Landcare Groups and Staff State-wide Indigenous Program
- Oversee the delivery of the NSW Landcare Aboriginal Engagement Program
- Ensure the Aboriginal Engagement Program is delivering what has been agreed.
- Review and endorse Host & Coordinator reporting providing critical feedback where appropriate.
- Manage the performance of Project Staff.
- Provide input to state-wide and national programs that support Landcare, such as the Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT) or as directed by the Landcare NSW CEO or authorised delegate.
- Provide input on grant applications and Memorandums of Understanding.
- Muster review and use of information for future Landcare Musters.
- Support the Chief Executive Oﬃcer, the Chair and the Executive Committee and Council of Landcare NSW as required
- Proﬁciency in project management, including budgeting, forecasting, resource allocation, risk management and management of a project Proven track record of managing complex multi-year projects and programs.
- The successful candidate will need to have working experience, and certification Project Management and a detailed understanding of Project management software.
- Sound understanding of at least one Project Management methodology and ﬁve years’ experience using standard project management systems.
- Proven leadership experience and excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship building, public speaking and conﬂict resolution skills.
- Experience in managing a large project team, including coaching, mentoring, performance managing a remote-based team.
- Tertiary qualiﬁed in agricultural, environmental science, or related ﬁeld.
- Qualiﬁcations in business management would be highly regarded.
- Experience working with Landcare and/ or similar grassroots community-led movements would also be highly regarded
- Qualiﬁcations in project management and/or business management.
- Qualiﬁcation in and a sound understand of at least one Project Management methodology
- Tertiary qualiﬁed or equivalent in agricultural, environmental science or related ﬁeld.
Please forward your resumé along with a short (no more than 2 page) cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm 25 March 2022.
Candidate Collection Notice Statement