Landcare NSW is the peak body of community-led conservation and natural resource management in NSW. With up to 3000 Landcare Groups and 60,000 volunteers, Landcare NSW is the conduit between local Landcare communities and funders and decision-makers, supporting local Landcare communities by providing resources and representation. The NSW Government investment into the NSW Landcare Program and other large-scale projects has enabled the ongoing success of the organisation. The Landcare NSW & Local Land Services partners with 50 organisations including hosts who collectively directly employ a total of approximately 100 staff including 84 Landcare coordinators across NSW and a small corporate team, that facilitate support to local and regional volunteers.
Landcare NSW and its member groups, contribute to the employment of 30,000 people including contractors, administration, support, and services in small businesses, and generates total revenues from grants of more than $30m p.a., including the NSW Government-funded NSW Landcare Program. Surpluses from the movement are invested directly back into regional NSW making it unique to the landscape management and ecosystem services service delivery market.
Reporting to the CEO, you will provide executive oﬃce administration services to the Chair, CEO, Executive Committee, and senior staﬀ to assist them in delivering internal operational and governance requirements. You will work with a small but dedicated team to deliver events and activities that assist Landcare NSW in meeting our strategic objectives.
Other roles and responsibilities
- Be the point of contact to facilitate the optimal use of Chair and CEO’s time by assessing requests for meeting arrangements
- Schedule and facilitate meetings to support the Landcare NSW Chair and CEO’s eﬀective operation and management of responsibilities
- Assist the Operations Manager to carry out governance and operational responsibilities
- Prepare, coordinate and review communication g. correspondence, minutes, and brieﬁng notes for Senior Government Stakeholders and Ministers
- Assist the Chair and CEO to liaise with the Landcare NSW Executive Committee, senior staﬀ, Councilors and external stakeholders
- Assist with travel and other arrangements that support the running of Landcare NSW meetings
- Undertake research and provide advice to support informed decision making and planning
- Monitor, implement and evaluate administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise eﬃciency and support delivery of quality outcomes
- Assist the Landcare NSW team during major events
- Manage the Landcare NSW Chair’s and CEO’s diary appointments and travel arrangements
- Experience in an executive officer or similar role
- Exceptional administrative and executive support skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and a coaching style
- Self-starter committed to achieving outcomes and able to prioritise your workload
- Highly developed problem-solving abilities
- Flexible and agile team player committed to the goals and values of Landcare
- Ability to produce written and visual communications of a high standard
- Outstanding computer skills in all Microsoft Oﬃce applications including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM database is highly desirable.
- Minimum Certificate 4 in business administration or 5 years’ experience.
Please forward your resumé along with a short (no more than 2 page) cover letter to: email@example.com
Enquires please call Turlough Guerin on 02 8339 4816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm 25 March 2022.
Candidate Collection Notice Statement