A strong sense of mission and a clear plan for the future have helped Landcare NSW achieve significant results for the NSW Landcare community over the past three years.
In 2014, Landcare NSW developed a three year strategic plan based on contributions from grassroots Landcarers.
Much of that plan has now been delivered. Key achievements include:
- the Local Landcare Coordinator Initiative
- formation of the Landcare Trust to diversify funding sources
- a renewed partnership between Landcare and the NSW Government/Local Land Services
- the formation of the NSW Parliamentary Friends of Landcare
- growth and professionalisation of Landcare NSW as the peak body for the NSW Landcare community
Of course there is still a lot of work to do.
One of Landcare’s strengths is our ability to adapt and remain relevant in changing circumstances.
Landcare NSW has been reflecting on what has been achieved and we are now planning the next three year strategy.
Senior staff, Executive members and Council reps will hold a strategic planning session in August to write a roadmap for the future.
Our aim is to do the best job we can do as your representative body – to provide a strong voice for Landcare, to attract funding and support from government and other partners, and to deliver services to help you carry out the valuable work you do at the local, district and regional level.