Membership and Insurance
You Asked, We Delivered
For a number of years one of the key things Landcare groups have asked for is cost effective insurance that provides adequate protection for group members. Landcare NSW are now able to deliver on that need with the new Membership & Insurance Program.
Also, for a number of years one of the key things governments at all levels, investors and partner organisations have asked for is accurate information about Landcare in NSW, the number of groups and volunteers involved – the army on the ground. The new Membership and Insurance program is one of the ways that Landcare NSW can deliver on this need.
Membership of Landcare NSW is offered at two tiers depending on the income and employer status of your group. The Insurance Program provides Public Liability and Volunteer Workers coverage PLUS Association Liability (if applicable) which covers a range of risks including Professional Indemnity, Officers & Directors Liability and more.
Visit the Landcare NSW Membership & Insurance portal to get an on-line quote for your insurance requirements, progress to pay for your membership and policy, and then be able to access your membership certificate and certificates of currency whenever you need them with your group log-in.
Information Sheet and Pricing
Landcare NSW Membership and Insurance Program Information sheet is available for more details including pricing. Click Here. Updated 27 March 2017.
Refer to our Factsheets for more detailed information about what different insurance products mean for your group (no.30) and making sure your group’s membership structure covers your members (no.31)
Portal Training Guide
A Training Guide is available with step by step instructions for navigating the portal. Click Here.
The Landcare NSW team are available to assist on 0400 405 898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the list of Frequently Asked Questions here (updated 27 March 2017)
Useful tools re Risk Management
Access the Membership and Insurance Portal
The portal is currently off line. Membership and Insurance is still available by requesting a quote using the form below.
Existing policy holders should contact the Broker directly if they have questions regarding their policy. Ph. 08 6380 0808 AWST or email email@example.com
Representation – one voice
- We make representations to governments on behalf of our members.
- We convey advice and feedback from the grassroots to decision-makers on issues affecting Landcare at the local, state and federal level.
- We provide leadership, ideas and direction.
Member services we provide
- Insurance (available from March 2017)
- Community of practice: sharing ideas, knowledge and successful initiatives
- Guidelines, policy templates, advice and support on every aspect of running an effective Landcare group
- Information and guidance on funding and upcoming grant opportunities
- Belong to a volunteer-led national and global grassroots movement
- Make a difference to your local natural environment
- Build partnerships across physical and social boundaries.
Access to information, networking and events
- Receive The Advocate and online bulletins and updates
- Attend workshops and forums on research, policy and best practice
- Join field days and site tours
- Participate in the bi-annual Muster
- Win awards for excellence
- From 1 March 2017 membership of Landcare NSW has changed. Incorporated group members with membership prior to this date have been invited to renew membership.
- Membership will incur a fee and will provide a number of member benefits
- Access to a competitive insurance package for groups
- Access to a range of information, advice and services
- Quarterly updates on Landcare NSW activities and new information
- Quick feedback loop on the important issues affecting Landcare at both State and Federal levels
- By adding your voice we can be more effective at every level
- Groups can access membership via the Membership and Insurance Portal.
Membership of Landcare NSW is open to any Landcare or community based group with similar objectives, which is an incorporated entity. In the event of admission as a member, the group agrees to be bound by the constitution and rules of the association.
Extract from our constitutional mission and objects below. For the complete Constitution click here.
To represent, promote and advocate on behalf of community-based Landcare and community driven sustainable natural resource management in NSW.
(i) Provide a forum for Landcarers across NSW to work collaboratively to improve the resources and support structures available to community-based natural resource management organisations and actions;
(ii) Develop Landcare policies and programs which encourage and educate the community in sustainable natural resource management;
(iii) Strengthen partnerships and networks to increase and support community involvement in sustainable natural resource management.
(iv) Foster Landcare projects across NSW which:
1. Increase the capacity of primary producers to introduce sustainable agricultural practices and practices conserving the natural environment;
2. Promote community action which protects and rehabilitates the native flora and fauna of NSW;
3. Protect, enhance and rehabilitate the natural environment in both urban and rural areas;
(v) Represent the Landcare community in NSW to all levels of government to affirm and promote the important role of community-based groups in sustainable natural resource management, planning and governance;
(vi) Establish and maintain a public fund to be called the Landcare NSW Fund for the specific purpose of supporting the environmental objects/purposes of the association.