An opportunity exists to join a team of dedicated staff as an Executive Assistant, working closely with the entire Landcare NSW team, Executive and Council. Read on for more information about the role and how to apply.
About Landcare NSW
Landcare is a unique community‐based approach to managing and restoring Australia’s natural environment, improving the sustainability of agricultural activities, and building the resilience of communities.
A common thread is the ethos of an enabled community addressing the challenges of ecologically sound and productive use of our natural resource base. Landcare is an Australian icon; and has a proud history of nearly 30 years of making a difference to local and regional communities.
Landcare NSW is a membership‐based organisation. Its strategic direction is overseen by a Council of endorsed regional representatives, from which is drawn an Executive Committee. Landcare NSW has a small staff to support its active Committee and Council, and to provide services to the Landcare groups of NSW.
As a state peak body, LNSW is the voice of grassroots Landcare, providing solutions and thought leadership to enable resourcing of, and support for, Landcare at the local, district and regional level.
Reporting to the Business Manager, you will provide executive support and office administration services to the Chair, CEO, Executive Committee and senior staff to assist them in delivering internal operational and governance requirements. You will work with a small but dedicated team to deliver events and activities that assist the Council of Landcare NSW in meeting our strategic objectives.
Benefits and Perks
- Trendy office location located close to Newtown train station
- Popular cafes located on the famous King Street located only a short distance away
- Work/life balance – the role is part time, 4 hours per day, five days per week
- Cafe located on-site, with great coffee and tea
Skills and experience
To undertake this role, you must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Extensive experience in an executive assistant or similar role
- Exceptional administrative and executive support skills
- Organised, able to juggle competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Self-starter committed to achieving outcomes and able to prioritise your workload
- Highly developed problem-solving abilities
- Flexible team player committed to the goals and values of Landcare
- Ability to produce written and visual communications of a high standard
- Outstanding computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM database is highly desirable
Follow this link to the position description, we encourage you to share the opportunity widely to help us find the best person for the role.