An opportunity exists to join a team of dedicated staff as our Business Development Associate, working closely with the entire Landcare NSW team, Executive and Council. Read on for more information about the role and how to apply.
Business Development Associate
About Landcare NSW
We are the representative body of the Landcare movement in NSW and the voice of community Landcare. Our member Council represents around 60,000 Landcarers and 3,000 groups and meets quarterly. The organisation is overseen by an eight-member executive and a small team of dedicated staff.
Our structure enables the building of skills, capacity, strength and connections at every level – from individual Landcare groups to district networks, to regional associations to the state peak body, through to the National Landcare Network in Canberra.
About the role
Landcare NSW is undergoing an exciting period of growth. With the support of the NSW Government and Local Land Services, Landcare NSW is building its capability and capacity to better support the 60,000-strong volunteer NSW Landcare community.
The key purpose of this role is to assist and work closely with the management of Landcare NSW in the organisation’s business development efforts so as to grow and diversify Landcare NSW’s revenue streams. The successful applicant will ideally have experience in generating revenue for a non-profit organisation (NGO) from the following sources:
- Public donations
- Corporate donations and sponsorship
- Fee-for-service initiatives
- Supporter programs
The principle responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in identifying business development, fee-for-service and funding opportunities
- Assist in the conversion of opportunities into sources of funding for Landcare NSW
- Access literature, evidence and research to support the business development activities of the Landcare NSW management team
- Provide advice, assistance and support to the Landcare NSW management team, Chair and Executive Committee
- Work with the Landcare NSW management team to implement Landcare NSW’s operational plan.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Three years or more proven experience as a business development associate, preferably in the NGO sector
- Knowledge of selling and sales processes and techniques
- Attention to detail and a customer focussed approach to service delivery
- A proven track record of exceeding sales KPI’s and driving revenue
- Resilient and possesses a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team
- Articulate, organized, detail-oriented, tech-savvy and have the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to provide critical analysis and evaluation of business opportunities
- Proficiency in MS Office products in particular Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience in using CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge in the not-for-profit, agricultural and environmental sectors
- Great interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience in maintaining and building client relationships.
- Experience in a marketing, business development or similar role
- Communications experience including media liaison, publications and digital media
- Experience in a Non-Government Organisation (NGO), association or peak body
- Experience developing business development plans and calendars
- Research experience, along with the ability to provide a critical analysis and evaluation of research data
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications or data analysis will be highly favourable
Other relevant criteria
- Interested in Landcare, agriculture, conservation and volunteerism; personally committed to the goals of Landcare NSW
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional time management, self-organisation and prioritisation skills